“You can decide how long you choose to let negative things affect you. You can halt words of self-doubt and replace them with words of self-love. You can let go of yesterday and start fresh at any given moment. It all starts and ends with you. Your mindset is your compass. It directs you along a path that mimics your thoughts and habits. Manifest good things by thinking good things because eventually, those thoughts become habits and those habits become your lifestyle. Your mind, your choice”.
Hi friends! In today’s blog post I’m going to be talking a little bit about negative people and how I deal with it!
Hitting “publish” on my blog in 2016 was as terrifying as it was exciting. I have always been someone who has cared a little too much about what other people think of me. Starting a blog meant opening myself up to tons of people who had opinions and were capable of judging me and putting me down. At the beginning I didn’t get any mean comments or messages at all. However, as I have continued to grow…I have definitely had my fair share of nasty messages, comments, and even have heard people talking bad about me in class at my current college.
I truly don’t understand what urges people to be so cruel and mean, but the truth is – it’s not going to stop anytime soon. As long as I put myself out there, I will continue to receive the occasional mean message. Of course it’s not just me who has to deal with negativity in their lives! Whether you are a blogger or not, everyone has to deal with negativity – so today I thought I would share the ways that I deal with it :).
- Remember that it’s not you thats the problem – it’s them. I truly feel bad for people who take time out of their day to send people hateful messages. It’s important to not take things too personally…even though I do know this is really hard! I still remember the first time I got my first “hate message”. I remember exactly where I was and the terrible words that were said about me. It really, really got to me (also it was my birthday, who does that!?) but then I moved on. I’m not going to lie, it does still hurt my feelings when someone sends me a mean message… but deep down it’s not about me. That person has their own insecurities and must be going through something really rough if they feel the need to bring other people down.
- “The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become“. I truly believe that it’s better to not respond, than to respond – as hard as this may be sometimes. If it’s an Instagram comment or message, I simply delete the comment and block the user so that they automatically unfollow me. Also… why was this person following me in the first place if they dislike me!? Not quite sure … but I think it’s best to block :). In person, I tend to ignore the person as well rather than responding to their negativity. If you are going to say something, kill them with kindness! Make them regret saying hurtful things about you.
- Think about all of the people who love and support you! It can be so easy to get caught up in the few “haters” that you have and to forget about all of the amazing people that love you. I get so many amazing messages and comments that truly make my day, why should I let the opinion of one person ruin my entire day? I once read a quote that said, “Was it a bad day or a bad 5 minutes that you milked all day”. I think about that allll the time now!
- Take a bath, put on a face mask – relax & treat yourself!!! I honestly will use any excuse to relax and take a bath. If you had a bad day (or a bad 5 minutes) remind yourself that you are amazing, special, and loved – and treat yourself like it!
- Let this inspire you and motivate you to be better! Rather than giving up, why not come back even stronger and become even more successful than you already are!? The people who are attacking you and making you feel bad know how strong and capable you are, and that scares them – so show them how amazing you can be!!
Outfit Details –
I hope this helped you!
Thank you so much for reading!!