I first fell in love when I visited my Freshmen Year of High School. I became obsessed with it, and spent a month there during my Junior Year (I did the Parsons Summer Program for High School students) and fell even more in love with it! After High School I moved to NYC to attend Parsons (and then transferred to Manhattan College). Im back in Seattle for school now – but miss so many things about the city! I recently went back for NYFW and wanted to share some of my absolute favorite places in the city.
Before I get into my travel picks, I wanted to share one of my outfits from New York last week. Dress / Fanny Pack / Shoes / This outfit was so fun to wear last week and I received so many compliments on it! I’ve been obsessed with slides this season.
I love a good weekend getaway and have stayed in a few of the hotels in NYC. These are my faves!
- The W has always been one of my favorite hotel chains. They have a few different locations in NYC, and I love them all! I love how modern everything is and the room service is amazing.
- The Gansevoort is the cutest (pink beds!?) and has an amazing rooftop pool. I stayed there in March, so it was too cold for a swim (I did go in really quick for a photo) but would love to stay there in the summer to swim.
One of the best parts about New York is all of the amazing food. The restaurants/dessert places listed below are my favorites, and the ones that I make sure to visit every time I go back.
- Sarabeth’s – a must if you’re in NYC! so so good.
- Normas at Le Parker Meridien – the wait can be really long, but it’s so worth it. Gossip Girl fans: Nate ate here on the show a few times!
- Sant Ambroeus – so cute inside and has amazing breakfast food!
- Freds at Barneys – one of my all-time favorites! If you go, get the pomme frites as an appetizer, they’re to die for!
- Pizza Beach – the cutest decor and the absolute best pizza!
- Shake Shack – we’re getting one in Seattle and I’m sooo excited!!
- Melt Shop – if you love grilled cheese sandwiches, you need to go here.
- Insomnia Cookies – I got these so many times when I was in New York last week. They are so so good!!!
- Pomme Frites – The best fries in the whole city!
- Amorino Gelato – I’m always craving this gelato!
- Top of the Rock – I love going to the Top of the Rock for pictures (it’s the least busy earlier in the morning on weekdays!).
- Fort Tyron – Such a gorgeous area with castle-like vibes!
- Brooklyn Bridge – It’s on my NYC bucket list to go at sunrise, but every time I’m too tired. Someday this will happen!
- SoHo – there are so many perfect spots for photoshoots in SoHo. I typically start by Laduree and wander around the streets near there!
- The Spa at Mandarin Oriental – My all-time favorite spa! Make sure to arrive early so you can relax in the steam room, hot tub, and relaxation room!!
- Sea Glass Carousel – the Sea Glass Carousel is so cool and such a fun area to go too!
- South Street Seaport – I hadn’t heard about this area until I stumbled upon it and am obsessed now. If you’re there – eat at the Paris Cafe!