I’ve lived in the greater Seattle area for my entire life and have visited all of the typical tourist spots, ate at tons of restaurants, and more! I get tons of questions regarding where to stay/what to do when visiting the emerald city, and thought it would be a great idea to create a Seattle Travel Guide! Today I’m rounding up my faves and sharing some worth-it things to do when visiting Seattle!
Where to Stay:
Since I do live here, I haven’t stayed in many of the hotels in the area – but I’ve heard great things about the ones below, and have visited many for lunch/dinner!
Where to Eat:
- Portage Bay Cafe – such a popular Seattle brunch spot! they have tons of locations all over the city. I love the breakfast bar!
- The Rusty Pelican – located a bit outside of Seattle, but has the best belgian waffle ever! I love visiting the Edmonds location.
- Collections Cafe – stop and grab a bite to eat on your way in to Chihuly Garden and Glass!
- Witness – this one has been on my list for a while now – it’s chicken and waffles are supposed to be amazing!
- The London Plane – the cutest cafe/bakery! If you’re looking for a gram-worthy spot, head here.
- Serious Pie – the pizza is amazing!
- Purple Cafe and Wine Bar – a popular Seattle spot, & they have a few different locations!
- Cactus – my favorite Mexican restaurant!
- The Pink Door – italian food right by Pike Place market – the coolest atmosphere!
- Hot Cakes -my go-to dessert spot! the warm chocolate chip cookie is outstanding.
- Molly Moons – one of seattle’s most well-known ice cream spots! they’re known for having lots of unique (but great) flavors.
- Hello Robin – hello robin creates ice cream sandwiches made from the cookies of your choice and molly moons ice cream!
- Pie Bar – a spot I’ve been anxiously waiting to try (it’s 21+). the pie is supposed to be amazing!
What to Do:
- Pike Place Market – if you’re visiting Seattle for the first time, Pike Place is a must. i always love stopping by and grabbing some fresh flowers!
- Chihuly Garden and Glass – I was recently invited to visit Chihuly for the first time to view their spring blooms – and was amazed at how beautiful everything was.
- The Space Needle – recently remodeled & a must-see for first timers.
- The Great Wheel – very photo-worthy and fun to take a ride on!
- Wings over Washington – if you’ve ridden Soarin’ over California at Disneyland, you need to try this out! it’s basically Seattle’s version of Soarin’.
- Visit the Starbucks Roastery – you can’t come to Seattle and not visit the Roastery!
- Rent a Hot Tub Boat – on my list of things to do!
- Visit Gasworks Park – featured in 10 things I hate about you, and also just a Seattle staple!
Thank you so much for reading!