Lately I have been feeling like there just aren’t enough hours in the day to get everything done on my to-do list! On Sunday night I made my list for the week and it had 25+ things on it. So naturally I put it to the side and started watching Netflix. HA! Sometimes I try to distract myself from my to-do list because I get so stressed out, but this doesn’t do anything good. I end up getting even more stressed out when I realize that I’ve been watching Riverdale for 3 hours and didn’t get anything done. Today I’m sharing the ways I successfully convince myself to tackle the items on my to-do list!
Before getting into my tips, I’m going to share what I’m wearing in the photos throughout this post!
Dress / Jacket / Shoes – Like I talked about in this blog post, I fell in love with Blair Eadie’s new collection at Nordstrom. This jacket is from her collection and I’m simply in love! It is such a statement, so I paired it with a classic grey dress.
- I always begin by writing everything out on paper. I never find phone to-do lists to be as efficient, so I always use paper and a pen! This also helps me to categorize everything I need to do into categories such as School, Cleaning, Blog, etc. From there it’s easier to see everything I need to get done and what items are related to each other!
- ESSENTIAL OILS! I started using essential oils about two months ago and am obsessed. I use Young Living! Whenever it’s time to get stuff done, I love diffusing some oils (especially lemon if I’m cleaning) to put me in the mood
- Music/setting goals for yourself! This one is a necessity for me. I love setting goals for myself, such as… “After three songs I can take a break for one song”! I find that I get a lot more done when I sit mini goals for myself with lots of breaks for snacks & Netflix ;).
- Take it one step at a time. I got so overwhelmed when I made my huge list for this week that I instantly shut down. Try not to stress out, and just focus on one item at a time. Also think about how good it will feel to start crossing things off!
- Set a timer for 30 minutes and try and get as many things done as you can! Every morning when I get dressed, I seem to make a huge mess in my closet. Not sure why 8 AM me decides to throw all of the clothes she doesn’t want to wear onto the floor, but it happens. Cleaning it all up can seem daunting, but it really doesn’t take very long! I always surprise myself at how quickly I can get things done when I set a timer and focus on working for that amount of time.
Thanks for reading! What helps you when you have lots of items on your to-do list?Much love,